Green beans with a hint of mint are blended with a tangy vinaigrette.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 slices onion, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
In a medium saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a boil, and cook the green beans 10 minutes, or until tender but crisp; drain.
Transfer green beans to a medium bowl, and mix with garlic, onion, and mint.
In a small container with a lid, mix olive oil, cider vinegar, garlic, basil, mustard, salt, and pepper. Shake until well blended. Toss into the green bean mixture.