So simple and so satisfying. Tofu is cooked in water with spinach and bok choy. Then comes the miso - white and barley. It 's swirled into the soup and vegetables and sprinkled with bits of scallion.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 2 ounces firm tofu, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon light miso paste
- 2 teaspoons barley miso paste
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, washed and chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Ladle out about 1/2 cup of the boiling water, and reserve. Add tofu. Reduce the heat to medium, cover, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add spinach or bok choy; simmer about 1 to 2 minutes, or until the greens are tender. Remove soup from heat.
Blend white miso and barley miso into reserved hot water. Stir into soup. Ladle into bowls, and garnish with scallion. Serve immediately.