We're not sure how this spicy cheese-filled bread bowl recipe got its name, but we are sure it's a great way to keep your guests happy.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 1 (1 pound) loaf round bread
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) jar dried beef, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green chile peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Cut top off round bread loaf. Scoop out bread from the interior of the loaf, leaving a hollowed shell. Reserve top and removed bread.
In a medium bowl, mix together Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, dried beef, green chile peppers, green onions and Worcestershire sauce. Transfer the mixture to the hollowed bread. Replace top of bread.
Wrap bread with foil and bake in the preheated oven 90 minutes. Serve with pieces of the scooped out bread and crackers.