Zesty sun-dried tomatoes, peppery mixed greens, bracing balsamic vinegar, and other bold ingredients ensure a salad that's anything but dull.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil (about 6)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup tomato - peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup shredded carrot
Combine sun-dried tomatoes and boiling water in a bowl; let stand 30 minutes. Drain, reserving water; chop sun-dried tomatoes. Combine sun-dried tomatoes, 1 cup chopped tomato, vinegar, and garlic in a blender; process until smooth. Add reserved tomato liquid, oil, salt, and pepper; process until smooth. Combine greens and carrot in a large bowl; add vinaigrette. tossing well.
Reprinted with permission of Cooking Light® magazine. All rights reserved.CALORIES 44 (41% from fat); FAT 2g (sat 0.3g, mono 1.3g, poly 0.3 g); PROTEIN 1.9g; CARB 5.5g; FIBER 2.2g; CHOL 0mg; IRON 1.2mg; SODIUM 118mg; CALC 38mg