This is an old recipe I have for Mocha Icing. I hope you like it. The recipe makes enough for one 8 inch layer cake.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup strong, hot, brewed coffee
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Combine coffee and cocoa in small bowl of electric mixer. Beat until blended. Add sugar, butter or margarine, salt, and vanilla. Beat until blended. Scrape bowl, and beat icing until it has a spreading consistency.
Frost the cake, and sprinkle with chopped walnuts if desired.