This is a simple meringue cookie with a mocha taste.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 egg white
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
Beat egg white and cream of tartar with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, vanilla, cocoa, and coffee powder.
Drop mixture onto foil lined baking sheet in 12 mounds. They should be about 2 inches apart.
Bake 40 minutes at 250 degrees F (120 degrees C), or until firm. Turn off oven, and let meringues cool in oven for 1 hour. Do not open oven door while the cookies are cooling.