You will enjoy this Christmas beverage because you can change the flavor of ice cream to what ever you like or leave out the peppermint candies without any adverse results. Peppermint ice cream can be substituted for vanilla.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 2 quarts eggnog, chilled
- 2 liters lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint hard candies (optional)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 10 chocolate mint candies, coarsely crushed
In a large punch bowl, combine the ice cream, eggnog, carbonated beverage, and finely crushed candy; mix well.
Place dollops of whipped cream on top of eggnog, and sprinkle with coarsely chopped peppermint candies for garnish.