The combination of lemon and strawberries makes this a wonderful summer delight. The added instant pudding to the regular cake mix gives this cake the texture of a chiffon cake made from scratch.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
Mix cake and pudding mix together then follow cake mix directions (I substitute Mayonnaise for oil in cake recipe) and bake as directed for 2 - 9 inch round pans. Allow to cool.
To Make Filling: Mix together instant pudding mix with milk until thickened. Fold in 8 ounces of the whipped topping. Spread half of lemon pudding mixture on one cake layer and top with sliced strawberries.
Add second cake layer and spread with remaining lemon filling. Arrange sliced strawberries over top of lemon filling. Frost sides of cake with remaining 8 ounces whipped topping.