Great tasting non-meatballs for spaghetti or served with a rich veggie gravy. If you don't have any egg substitute on hand, you can use 2 beaten eggs in its place.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
In a mixing bowl combine pecans, cracker crumbs, cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley and eggs. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
Shape batter into walnut-size balls. Bake for 9 to 12 minutes, or until browned.