A healthy alternative to the traditional tuna salad, this bean spread is made with sweet pickles, green onions, and low-fat mayonnaise. The sandwich is made with layers of the bean spread, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and grated carrots between slices of wh
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (19 ounce) can no-salt-added garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 green onions, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices SARA LEE® Soft & Smooth™ Whole Grain White Bread
- 4 leaves red leaf lettuce
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
In a medium bowl, combine garbanzo beans, mayonnaise, mustard, relish, chopped green onions, salt and pepper. Mix well.
Spoon about 1/2 cup onto 4 slices of bread. Top each slice with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, bean sprouts, grated carrots, and remaining slices of bread.
This sandwich is made using Mock Tuna Salad, submitted by Carole.