So easy and so delicious, you can make this pie at the last minute. Coffee is stirred into melted chocolate, followed by egg yolks, cream and butter. This creamy mocha filling is then poured into a baked pie shell and chilled until ready to serve. Garnish
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, diced
Dissolve coffee in boiling water.
Melt chocolate in a bowl over hot water. Blend in coffee solution. Stir in egg yolks, cream, and butter. Mix until smooth. Spoon mixture into baked pie shell, and chill before serving.