A molasses, vinegar, and mustard sauce adds a nice flavor to baked chicken.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking dish.
Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and cinnamon. Arrange in the prepared baking dish.
In a bowl, mix the molasses, vinegar, and mustard.
Bake chicken 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Coat chicken with the molasses mixture. Continue baking 20 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.