Ground beef is slowly simmered with onion, ranch-style beans, diced tomatoes and green chiles and spices.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch-style beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, or to taste
- 1 cup water, or as needed
In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, cook beef and onion until meat is brown. Stir in beans, diced tomatoes, chili seasoning, salt, pepper, chili powder and water. Reduce heat and simmer 2 hours.