Canned pineapple, apricots, peaches, pears and maraschino cherries are sprinkled with sugar, butter and curry powder and baked in this unusual Thanksgiving side dish.
INGREDIENTS (for 9 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) can sliced pears, well drained
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can apricot halves, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans sliced peaches
- 1 (4 ounce) jar maraschino cherries (optional)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
Drain the fruit and arrange it in an oven-proof casserole dish. Dot the fruit with butter or margarine. Mix the sugars and the curry powder together, sprinkle over the top of the fruit.
Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) until slightly brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.