This is a bread machine recipe developed by my very talented mother, who grew up in Oregon, the Filbert (or Hazelnut) capital of the world! This bread has won raves from those who don't even like whole wheat bread.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1/2 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon bread flour (optional)
- 1 1/8 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 cups chopped hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2/3 teaspoon salt
Follow the directions for your bread machine, but do not reserve the nuts for later: add them at the beginning for better flavor.