Just like eating a beef taco without the tortilla. It 's got lots of cumin and green chilies mixed into the ground beef and other goodies. And it 's served hot so the cheese is all melted and wonderful.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 pound processed cheese food (eg. Velveeta), cubed
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3/4 head iceberg lettuce - rinsed, dried, and shredded
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package corn chips
Place hamburger, onion, bell pepper, garlic and cumin in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until hamburger is evenly brown. Drain any excess fat.
Add to skillet the cheese, green chilies and tomato sauce.
Equally divide lettuce among salad plates. Heat beef mixture until cheese is melted. Pour over lettuce and garnish with chopped tomato and corn chips.