Apples and water chestnuts are just a couple of the exciting twists waiting to thrill your tastebuds when you prepare this delicious stuffing. Capers, raisins or basil may be included for additional kicks. To cook the stuffing in your turkey, omit the bro
INGREDIENTS (for 9 servings):
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 (6 ounce) package herb-seasoned dry bread stuffing mix
- 2 large Golden Delicious apples - peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 2/3 cup turkey broth
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and slowly cook and stir the onions and celery until soft. Transfer to a large bowl.
Mix in the stuffing mix, Golden delicious apples, water chestnuts, turkey broth, applesauce, sugar and pepper. Increase the amount of broth, if desired.
Transfer the mixture to a medium baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.