Give a long, slow simmer to ready-made spaghetti sauce added to canned tomatoes and paste, onion, garlic and thyme. The result is a delicious marinara, suitable for your favorite pasta dishes.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
Combine all ingredients, and cook for at least 3-4 hours before serving.