A delicious stew of fresh vegetables and seitan! It is not only easy to make, but also very satisfying!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) package seitan
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh green beans
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- celery salt to taste
In a pot, bring the rice and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 45 minutes.
In a separate pot, bring the broth to a boil. Stir in the tomatoes, seitan, cauliflower, carrots, green beans, and green onions. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Season with celery salt, and serve in bowls over the cooked rice.