Grill Mates® Montreal Steak® Seasoning supplies the flavor and apricots add the surprise ingredient for these colorful kabobs.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 pounds strip or sirloin steak, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons McCormick® Grill Mates® Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2-inch squares
- 1 red onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 16 dried apricots
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted black olive halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup julienne-cut fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Black Pepper
Rub steak with olive oil, then with Montreal Steak Seasoning.
Thread skewers, starting and ending with red pepper, and alternating steak, red onion, red pepper and apricot.
Preheat a grill or broiler to medium-high. Cook skewers 4-6 minutes per side or until meat is done.
In a medium bowl, combine relish ingredients. Serve skewers with relish.