Burgundy wine forms the base of this herb laden marinade for game meats.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, cut into thick strips
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/8 cup fresh celery leaves
- 1/8 cup fresh parsley leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 (750 milliliter) bottles Burgundy wine
In a large nonporous glass dish or resealable plastic bag combine the onion, carrot, thyme, bay leaves, garlic, celery, parsley, salt, pepper and wine. Mix well and add roast, chops, or whichever meat being marinated.
Refrigerate to marinate for 24 hours, turning bag or basting occasionally.
Cook drained roast/meat in an oven preheated to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 minutes per pound of meat. Baste with strained marinade while cooking.