This is a very pretty salad when all the veggies are tossed with dressing and then piled on salad plates.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, julienned
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can sliced pickled beet, julienned
- 1 small cucumber, shredded
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 8 tablespoons thousand island dressing
Place eggs in a saucepan, and cover completely with cold water. Bring water to a boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, and cool. Peel and chop.
Combine the lettuce, bell peppers, beets, egg, cucumber and carrots in a large bowl, or in individual bowls. Toss, and serve the dressing on the side.