This aromatic chicken with cinnamon and raisins is reminiscent of traditional North African cuisine.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pound skinned, boned chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 (16 ounce) tube wild-mushroom polenta, cut crosswise into 12 slices
- cooking spray
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Combine the first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl; reserve 1 tablespoon flour mixture. Add chicken to flour mixture in bowl; toss gently to coat.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in broth, raisins, and turmeric; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 8 minutes or until slightly thick.
Preheat broiler. Place polenta slices on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, and sprinkle with reserved 1 tablespoon flour mixture. Broil 8 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve chicken mixture over polenta; top with yogurt, and sprinkle with almonds and cilantro.
Reprinted with permission of Cooking Light® magazine. All rights reserved.CALORIES 333 (21% from fat); FAT 7.6g (sat 1.2g, mono 4.2g, poly 1.3g); PROTEIN 31.9g; CARB 32.4g; FIBER 3.8g; CHOL 67mg; IRON 3.4mg; SODIUM 457mg; CALC 84mg