A lemon/vinaigrette sauce is made with lots of fresh spices blended in. Chunks of tomatoes, bell peppers and celery are tossed with the herb sauce and baked until the vegetables are tender, and have absorbed all the liquid.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 6 cloves garlic
- salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2 inch squares
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 pound tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Combine garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, paprika, cumin, and cayenne in a food processor bowl. Process until mixture forms a paste. Add herbs, and pulse a few times to blend. Add lemon juice, vinegar, and 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil; blend. Season to taste with salt.
In a large bowl, combine potatoes, peppers, and celery. Season with salt, and toss with herb sauce. Transfer to a large shallow baking dish. Scatter tomatoes among the potato mixture. Drizzle 1 to 2 tablespoons oil over top, and cover with foil.
Bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil. Continue baking until vegetables are tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Serve warm.