An earthy beef tomato sauce, rich with olives, Parmesan, garlic and oregano, tops buttered mostaccioli pasta for this hearty baked delight. Shred mozzarella over the top and bake until lusciously melted.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (16 ounce) package mostaccioli pasta
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
In large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until done. Drain. Add tomato sauce, olives, Parmesan cheese, seasoned salt, garlic powder, and oregano. Simmer 15 minutes.
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until done. Drain.
Please mostaccioli in a shallow, 3 quart baking dish. Toss with butter or margarine. Pour meat sauce over, and top with shredded mozzarella.
Broil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese melts.