Tubular mostaccioli is an excellent pasta to use in pasta salads. This salad combines pasta combines pasta with a tangy dressing, onion, cucumber, and pimentos.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package mostaccioli pasta
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) jar chopped pimento
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
In a large bowl, gently toss together the pasta, oil, vinegar, sugar, onion, cucumber, pimento, mustard, garlic powder, parsley flakes, salt, and pepper. Cover, and refrigerate 24 hours before serving.