Chocolate cookie with chocolate kiss candy in the center topped with white frosting.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 24 milk chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Melt chocolate over low heat. Remove and cool. Beat butter in small bowl to soften. Gradually beat in 2/3 cup confectioner's sugar, then 1 teaspoon vanilla and the melted chocolate. Beat in 1 1/4 cups flour and 2 tablespoons milk.
Shape a well-rounded teaspoon of dough around each chocolate kiss to cover completely. Place cookies flat side down on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned on bottom. Frost cooled cookies.
To Make Frosting: Beat 2 tablespoons shortening till soft, gradually adding 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar. Mix well. Add 1 tablespoon milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Stir in additional confectioners' sugar (around 3/4 cup). Frosting should be fluffy.