Use toothpicks or bread slices to enjoy this simple platter of mozzarella and tomato slices topped with roasted red peppers and an herb mixture
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and julienned
- crushed red pepper to taste
In a medium bowl, mix together parsley, basil, oregano, capers, garlic and olive oil.
On a serving platter, arrange mozzarella cheese slices and tomato slices in alternating layers. Top with roasted red peppers. Drizzle with the herb and olive oil mixture. Cover and chill in the refrigerator 30 minutes before sprinkling with crushed red pepper and serving.