Filled with pork, bok choy, bamboo shoots, and other wonderful ingredients, these tasty won tons make great party treats! When properly folded, finished wontons should resemble a nurse's cap.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1/2 pound ground pork, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup bamboo shoots, drained and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts, finely chopped
- 1/2 egg, beaten
- 2 leaves bok choy, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cooking sherry
- 1 (14 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 2 quarts oil for frying
In a large bowl, mix the pork, salt, soy sauce, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, green onions, bean sprouts, egg, bok choy and sherry.
Place 1 teaspoon of the pork mixture in the center of each wonton wrapper. Fold the wrappers to the center forming a triangle. Gently press together the edges with moistened fingers. Fold in half again lengthwise, then fold back and bring together the corners. Press two corners together.
In a heavy skillet or wok, heat oil over high heat. Deep fry each wonton 2 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels.
We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.