My Italian family loves this recipe! A crusty loaf of Italian bread is cut in half, and layered with olives, and various meats and cheeses.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (1 pound) loaf fresh Italian bread
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 8 oil-cured black olives, pitted and chopped
- 8 pitted green olives, chopped
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced salami
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced ham
- 1/2 pound provolone cheese, sliced
- 1/4 pound mozzarella cheese, sliced
Slice bread in half lengthwise. Drizzle olive oil on both sides. Sprinkle both sides with parmesan cheese, basil and oregano.
On the bottom half, layer chopped black olives and chopped green olives, then the salami, ham, provolone, and mozzarella. Cover with top layer, and cut into 4 servings.