A festive fruit-studded ice ring floats atop punch made with white wine and spiced apple juice concentrate, sparkling with champagne.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 quarts Chablis wine
- 1 (750 milliliter) bottle dry champagne, chilled
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- 1 (4 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained
In a saucepan, combine pumpkin pie spice and orange zest to apple juice concentrate. Bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat. In a large pitcher, combine spiced apple juice concentrate and white wine. Chill in refrigerator overnight.
Strain the wine mixture through a coffee filter, being careful not to disturb the spices which have settled to the bottom of the pitcher.
Just before serving, slide in the ice ring. Slowly pour the champagne down the side of the bowl to retain as much carbonization as possible.
To make Ice Ring: In a ring shaped mold, combine pineapple chunks, orange slices and maraschino cherries. Pour in just enough water to hold the fruit together in the ring. freeze overnight.