A rich Dijon cream sauce smothers sauteed chicken and mushrooms.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast half
- 2 cups all-purpose flour for coating
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ounces chopped green onions
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style prepared mustard
Cut the chicken breast in half, and pound until flat. Coat with flour. In a small skillet melt butter/margarine over medium low heat and saute the floured chicken breast on one side for 4 to 5 minutes.
Flip chicken breast. Add mushrooms, scallions and salt and pepper to taste. Add cream and mustard, stir all together and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and serve.