Mushrooms add an earthy note to this traditional, creamy dish.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour for coating
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese for topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Rinse and dry the chicken breast halves. Dip each in melted butter, then coat/dredge in flour.
Place coated chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Add cream to just cover. Top with sliced mushrooms and grated Parmesan cheese and bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes and serve.