These marinated mushrooms can be thrown together in a snap, and are enlivened by a host of tangy additions like Swiss cheese, green onions, and a mustard vinaigrette.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup diced Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared Dijon-style mustard
In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar and mustard. Add mushrooms, celery, parsley, cheese and onions and toss until evenly coated. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.