It's a simple but delightful cream of mushroom sauce served over pasta. This can be used as a side dish or main dish. I came up with it while pregnant and it satisfied my cravings.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni pasta
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 (10.75 ounce) can milk
- 1/2 (10.75 ounce) can water
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- salt and pepper to taste
Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain.
In a separate saucepan, stir together the cream of mushroom soup, milk, water and mushrooms. Bring to a simmer, and cook until mushrooms are tender. Mix with cooked macaroni, and serve.