Fresh green beans are covered with a tangy honey mustard sauce. This easy dish is perfect for a cookout!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and snapped
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- salt and pepper to taste
Bring a large saucepan of water to boil, and cook beans uncovered until tender but crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and immerse in a medium bowl filled with enough ice water to cover.
In a small bowl, mix honey mustard, vinegar, olive oil, and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
Drain ice water, and pour the honey mustard mixture over the beans. Stir to coat.