The basic Italian dressing in this salad is dressed up with balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, celery seeds and dried basil. Wonderful poured over the just-cooked pasta and all the julienne and chopped veggies. Serve chilled.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 cups macaroni
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup canned yellow corn
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons Italian-style salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed, crushed
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water and drain.
In a large bowl, combine the pasta, peas, broccoli, carrot, corn, tomatoes and bell peppers.
Prepare the dressing by whisking together the mustard, Italian dressing, vinegar, brown sugar, celery seed and basil. Pour over salad and mix well. Refrigerate until chilled.