Parmesan-crusted chicken bathes in butter and white wine for an elegant touch to a family favorite.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
Measure salt and pepper, garlic powder, paprika, thyme, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and bread crumbs into a bag. Shake chicken pieces in bag until well coated.
Oil roasting pan lightly, and arrange chicken in pan. Sprinkle with melted butter or margarine.
Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Remove from oven, and pour wine over all. Cover, and bake an additional 15 minutes.