A delicious sausage and rice casserole with almonds, onions, peppers and dry chicken noodle soup mix. Try it! You'll like it!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 pound fresh, ground pork sausage
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 envelope chicken noodle mix -dry
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In a Dutch-oven over medium heat, brown the sausage with the onion, celery and bell pepper; drain. Pour in rice, hot water, and soup mix. Stir until any lumps of soup have melted. Top with almonds. Cover and bake in a preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours.