Onion, garlic, tomato, and broccoli are fried up with a bit of brown rice to make a tasty side dish that eats like a meal.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cubes beef bouillon
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red pepper, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms with juice
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the onions, green onion, and garlic until tender. Mix in the bouillon cubes and soy sauce until the cubes are dissolved.
Stir in the tomato, peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, and cooked rice. Cook, stirring constantly until the broccoli is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper before serving.