A moist cake that is a good keeper. My gardening neighbor brought me this cake along with the recipe several years ago.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups well-drained, mashed, cooked beets
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9 x 13 inch pan.
In a large bowl, combine beets, eggs, vanilla, oil, and sugar. Mix with an electric mixer on low speed until well combined.
In a separate bowl, mix together flour, soda, salt, and cocoa. Add to the creamed mixture, beating together well. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until done. Cool and frost with your favorite icing.