Unsweetened cocoa and milk are cooked up with sugar, egg yolks, butter and flour until thick and very creamy. This rich filling is then poured into a prepared pie crust and topped with a fluffy meringue.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 tablespoon butter flavored extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell, baked
Mix in a medium saucepan and cook until thick the white sugar, cocoa, milk, flour, dash, salt, egg yolks, and butter flavoring. Add in the vanilla and margine and remove from heat. Let cool.
Put into baked pie crust and top with your favorite meringue recipe. Cool in refridgerator.