A tomato based, ground beef goulash with lots of fresh veggies and savory spices.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, thickly sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes with liquid, chopped
In a large skillet, brown the ground beef. Remove beef with a slotted spoon and discard fat.
Return skillet to stove, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Stir in mushrooms, green and red peppers, squash, onion, paprika, basil, garlic salt, and pepper; cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
Reduce heat to medium. Stir in beef and tomatoes; simmer about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.