Napa cabbage has a delicate peppery taste and is wonderful in this salad. And there 's lots of crunch, almonds, sesame seeds, and crumbled Ramen noodles are tossed into the finely shredded cabbage and dressed with a balsamic vinegar/soy sauce dressing. Ma
INGREDIENTS (for 7 servings):
- 1 large head napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, crushed
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 3 ounces blanched slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
In a large bowl, mix the chopped cabbage, sesame seeds, almonds and olive oil. Chill 30 minutes before serving.
Prepare the dressing by mixing the canola oil, soy sauce, sugar, balsamic and white vinegars in a blender until smooth.
Just before serving toss the dressing and noodle/cabbage mixture together.