A sweet cake that can easily re-invented by changing the flavors of the ingredients around. From the recipe file of Bestemor Movig (Grandmother Movick). Serve with vanilla ice cream or fruit, and mint springs.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup apricot nectar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon flavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar for dusting
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a tube pan.
In a large bowl, mix dry cake mix and gelatin. Add apricot nectar and oil, mixing well. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla and lemon flavoring. Pour batter into greased tube pan.
Bake for 55 minutes. Cool.
Mix lemon juice and confectioners' sugar. Pour glaze over cooled cake. Dust with powered sugar.