A seasonal dessert with eye-appeal. Fresh blueberries, strawberries and nectarines are combined with a hint of lemon then enrobed in prepared pie pastry. This 'bakery like' tart is easy to make and has great flavor.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
- 5 cups sliced nectarines
- 1 cup raspberries or sliced strawberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, partially thawed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup Equal® Spoonful*
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
Roll pastry on floured surface into 12-inch circle; transfer to ungreased baking sheet.
Toss nectarines and berries with lemon juice in large bowl; sprinkle fruit with combined cornstarch, Equal®, lemon peel and allspice and toss to coat. Arrange fruit over pastry, leaving 2-inch border around edge of pastry. Bring edge of pastry toward center, overlapping as necessary.
bake pie in preheated 425 degree F oven 35 to 40 minutes or until pastry is golden and fruit is tender. Cool on wire rack.
* May substitute 24 packets Equal® sweetener