Cabbage, green onion, ramen noodles and toasted almonds are dressed with a highly seasoned vinegar and oil dressing and chilled. The salad that emerges a few hours later from the fridge is robust and delicious.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 (3 ounce) packages chicken flavored ramen noodles
- 4 ounces slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, green onions, noodles and almonds.
Prepare the dressing by whisking together the oil, sugar, vinegar and seasoning packets. Pour over cabbage mixture and mix well to coat. Refrigerate until chilled and serve.