Pure comfort food for a crowd. This macaroni salad with all the fixings - celery, corn, green onion and hard-boiled eggs - has a terrific, creamy dressing that clings to every bite. Makes twelve servings.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup creamy salad dressing
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style prepared mustard
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch paprika
In a large pot of boiling salted water cook pasta until al dente. Drain and cool under cold water.
Place eggs in a saucepan, and cover completely with cold water. Bring water to a boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool and slice.
Place pasta in a large bowl and add the celery, corn, onion, and eggs; mix.
In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, pickle juice, salt and pepper together until smooth. Pour dressing over the macaroni and mix well. Sprinkle with paprika and keep the salad refrigerated until ready to serve.