Vanilla pudding is flavored with rum, studded with chopped maraschino cherries, and stirred into lovely whipped cream. This filling is then poured into a graham cracker crust, topped with more whipped cream, and finished with a splash of grated bitterswee
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon rum flavored extract
- 8 maraschino cherries, chopped
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- 1/8 cup grated semisweet chocolate
In a saucepan, combine pudding mix with 1 1/2 cup milk. Cook until thick. Add rum flavoring and chopped cherries. Remove from heat. Let cool to room temperature.
In a large bowl, whip the cream. Add 1/2 of the cream to the pudding mixture and fold in. Pour pudding mixture into graham cracker crust.
Decorate with remaining whipped cream and then grated chocolate.