I live in New England. This is a creamy bean dip made with red kidney beans. It goes great as an appetizer with crackers. Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 cups canned kidney beans, drained
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 pinch dry mustard
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Rinse the kidney beans, and set aside to drain. In a medium bowl, stir together the onion, mayonnaise, relish, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Gently mix in kidney beans until coated with dressing. Refrigerate until serving.